Thursday, December 30, 2010

See You Later, Lolo.

I was awakened by sad news early this morning. The only grandfather my siblings and I had ever known has just passed away. Lolo Lorenzo was 88. He's survived by my Dad, 3 daughters and grandchildren.

Funeral will be on Sunday, January 2, 2011. It will take place in Pampanga, where he will be laid to rest beside his wife, Lola Toyang.

This photo below was taken when my daughter and I came to visit my family in the Philippines in early 2009. It was the first time Lolo met Alyssa and also the last time he and I had spent together.

Goodbye, Lolo.

Thank you for all the wonderful memories, Lolo. I will definitely miss you and your World War II stories but at the same time I am happy that you are back safe in the arms of our Creator. We'll see you later ok? May you rest in peace. And please give our hugs to Lola Toyang, Tito Ric and twin, and Tito Larry.

We love you very much.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss. I pray for comfort for your family.

Jeni M said...

Thanks!

Post a Comment