Wednesday, December 29, 2010

20/365 Soft Light

20/365
#DS409: Make a photograph with as soft a light source as you can find or create.

You know what I enjoy the most about this project? It's that I tend to notice the things in our house that I normally wouldn't. Tonight, I found my husband's new books on the floor, right beside the Christmas tree. Ah yes, my Kindle-addicted husband is adding books to our bookshelves again --- which makes me wonder if the Kindle is going to the drawer pretty soon or if these books are going to be dumped in the shelves unread to collect dust (??)

Starting today, I am going to put the EXIF data of my 365 photos (if time permits!) so I can more or less remember how I created them and later figure out how I can improve the shot. I left the books the way they were found as I liked how the Christmas lights and the lampshade sheds such soft light. This photo was shot using a 50mm f/1.4 lens at 1/6sec f/2.5, ISO 800. Used Lightroom 3 for minor edits.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice soft light! I'm trying to get back to reading too, but it's hard to find the time.

I intended to include exif data, but I just kept forgetting, and I gave up. Maybe I'll make that a new year's resolution. :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've added yours to my reader.

Post a Comment