Friday, December 31, 2010

21/365 Rule of Thirds

#DS410: The rule of thirds is a time-honored composition guideline. Put it to use today in a photo.
21/365
 

In 2008, I studied the basics of photography and the different settings of my camera. In 2009, I studied post-processing with the use of Photoshop Elements and Lightroom 2. In 2010, I got myself involved in photography groups and started learning other types of photography, like nightshots, landscapes, etc. This coming 2011, my goal is to learn lighting and product photography.

So here I am trying to learn how to use the table top light tent kit that my husband got me. With one hand, I dropped the crayons in such a way that they fall in one direction. I placed the left light angled at 45 degrees, pointing towards the front of the crayons. To soften the shadows, the right light was also angled at 45 degrees, but coming from the opposite direction. Did I do it right? I wonder. I just know it turned out good.

Shot on Manual Mode with an 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 lens at 95mm. ISO800, 1/125, f/7.1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment