Sunday, January 9, 2011

31/365 Just 11 Months To Go!

It's so bright and sunny out. So I thought I should just shoot against the light to create the shadows in my photo. I know this LOVE thing is cheesy. But hey, the point is to pick up the camera and figure out how to use it in different light settings, right?? ;)

Shadows and low key. Hmmm. I kinda like it...
31/365 Just 11 Months To Go! (Part 2)
 
But I think I like this one better. Or maybe not. I'm torn. What do you think?
31/365 Just 11 Months To Go! (Part 1)
 
#DS420: Embrace the shadows today and make a photograph dominated by dark tones, also known as a low-key image.
 
Both photos were shot using an 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 lens at 18mm, 1/100secs, f/10, ISO200

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS, especially the sun peeking through the blinds! - AT.

Unknown said...

I like them both for different reasons. The first one is a great response to the low-key assignment - the subdued light and the black and white work really well to give a feeling of depth. The color version is happy - it gives the feeling that this is a loving, joyful place to be. :-) Nice work!

On another note - I saw your comment on my blog about struggling with the project sometimes. I don't always follow the Daily Shoot - in fact, I think I consider it one option, rather than the goal. If the topic doesn't interest me, I shoot something else. If I'm having too much trouble coming up with a good shot, I'll find another kind of inspiration - recreating a shot I love, taking a macro of something I've shot before, trying a whole new concept (oil & water, for example)... Just some thoughts.

Jeni M said...

AT - Thanks! Just buzz me when you want to learn it ;)

Elli - Thank you! ;) Your comments and suggestions are always very much appreciated! :)

Post a Comment