Monday, January 24, 2011

46/365 Flashlight

#DS435: Use hard light that casts sharp distinct shadows in a photograph today.
46/365 Hard Light

I thought I was not even going to make an entry today. I was already getting very frustrated. I could not envision what type of photograph I was going to make even though I've already seen lots of samples on The Daily Shoot website. And then Alyssa started messing with a couple of flashlights. And voila! I suddenly got creative again! LOL I know you can't even call this "hard light" since I already softened it up. But I like it better this way. Besides, my subject's patience is very thin. I have to make it quick and make do with what I was able to capture.

Anyway, in this portrait, my daughter's face was lit with just a regular flashlight angled at around 45 degrees. The RAW file actually had a very bright spot on her left cheek which I had to adjust a little bit on LR3 to come up with a better portrait.

I hope you are all having a great start of the week. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dangit Jeni. You're such a pro. I don't like this. I LOVE IT. -AT.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! I think it's a great response to the assignment! (Of course, that's coming from another person whose submission didn't quite fit the bill.) :-)

Yay for knitting! What's your username on Ravelry? I'll add you as a friend on there!

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you - my Ravelry username is snaphappee. I hope to see you there!

Unknown said...

Thanks Elli! I already added you on Ravelry. My log in is jeni3110 :)

Post a Comment